Sunday, August 4, 2019

MISSIONARY MOMMENTS

PORTER WESTERLIND - Tijuana, Mexico
Elder Westerlind has been out 8 months now. He is currently in Mexicali where he's been for the past 2-3 months. He is a District Leader in that area. But it is extremely hot. Not long after getting there all of the sister missionaries were transferred out because of the heat (in the 120s with 70-80% humidity) so he is covering two areas. But he is enjoying success with baptisms and is loving every minute of it. This is what he said in a recent letter....
"I saw a lot this week how faith is a huge factor. Faith to go out into the heat and faith to find more of God's children to teach. We had the faith, so God provided the means. This will always be the case. He will always provide a way. The more faith you have in combination with action, the more miracles you will see."


TYLER BECKMAN - Stockholm, Sweden
Elder Beckman is coming home in less than 2 weeks! He has been a wonderful missionary and leader in his mission. Here is a quote from his most recent letter that shows one of the ways he has grown...

"A mission really helps you gain self-confidence. I mean you're walking around 24/7 with a white chirt and tie and everyone's looking at you. You talk to people about religion (the least common conversational topic in Sweden) and simply put, you stick out. Now, when I first got to the mission, I hated this. I just wanted to be a normal person, but to be honest, I like it now. I'm not an ounce ashamed of who I am and what I stand for! And by "sticking out" it lets me light shine and allows me to "glorify my Father who is in Heaven".  So the moral of the story, if you want to improve your self confidence, go on a mission!"


Aldste Tyler Drex Beckman                                                          Elder Porter Westerlind
Sweden Stockholm Mission                                                                Mexico Tijuana Mission
Enebybergsvagen 38                                                                            Av. Sonora #3805, Local 7 y 8 Frac.
182 46 Enebyberg                                                                                  Chapultepec Campestre 22420
Sweden                                                                                                    Tijuana, Baja California
                                                                                                                   Mexico 52-664-971-0154

Elder Colton Davis                                                                          PVT Nicholas Anderson
Florida Fort Lauderdale Mission                                                         1 Camp Merrill Drive
7951 SW 6th Ste 110                                                                                Dahlonega, GA  30533
Ft. Lauderdale, FL  33324-3211